I drove her for about 4 months, slowly fixing things like rear shocks and brakes.
Like a total dope, I let a "friend" borrow the car. UNBELIEVABLE! With in 2 weeks, he had blown the head gasket. I was so angry!
I went and got a gasket kit and started the process of pulling off the head. Exhaust and intake came off with out a glitch. Valve cover off, on the the head bolts. Removing them in order, I get to #6 and SNAP!!! Busted head bolt. I spent 3 weeks trying to get the broken bolt out, nothing I tried worked.
I found a motor in Canada and got it shipped here for about $950. What I should have done, a complete rebuild, I didn't do. I did replace all the gaskets, new water pump, oil pump, exhaust header, Weber Carb. It was looking good! Fired right up and I was thrilled!
Got another 4 months out of it before it started acting up again. AS long as the engine temp was below 140 degrees, it ran fine. Once it hit 150, it acted like it was choking , at 155, she would die. I still don't know what happened or why. I figured, Time for a NEW motor and thus this!
Engine was built by Precision Auto (Great job!!!)
Powder Coating by Phoenix Powder Koating
No comments:
Post a Comment