I was working with my uncle in Denver. 19 years young and was borrowing a Mercury from my uncle for transportation.
A auction came up and we were looking for a new loader and dump truck for the business. I saw here sitting in an isle next to a totaled 240SX. She was sweet. She had a straight body and ran ok considering it was an auction vehicle. I got her for $650, towed it back to the shop and started working on her.
Step one? A clutch! That was easy, messy with gear oil all over but easy. Then I had the carb rebuilt and she was on the road.
New tires and rims, a Pearl White paint job with custom flat black details. Just lovely!
I brought her to Phoenix and basically ran her into the ground. When her motor went, after 230,000 miles I might add, I decided I would rebuild the motor. I should have rebuilt it my self but I went ahead and let a "friend" of my ex-wife's father rebuild it. Lets just say that was a really BAD idea and off the the junk yard she went.
I miss her. But now I have a replacement!
No comments:
Post a Comment